eBooks and Audiobooks
Kuna Library offers free eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive and the new mobile app, Libby.
Instantly borrow books from the Kuna Library digital collection, load the book to your phone, eReader or Kindle then you can enjoy reading or listening while you’re on the go.
We have thousands of titles from which to choose and since the items will automatically be returned there is never a late fee!
It can be tough to decide which app to use, below are some of the differences and similarities between the apps we hope this helps you make a decision.
How they are similar
- Both are apps that access the Kuna Library digital collection of eBooks and audiobooks (yes, they access the same collection).
- Both are designed for enjoying eBooks and audiobooks on your iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Both allow you to place holds on items and view your place in line.
- Both require a Kuna Library card number and password to login.
How they are different
- OverDrive is considered the “classic” app for use on your iOS and Android mobile devices, it is also the app to use on Macs, Kindle Fire, Kindle eReader and PCs.
- It is compatible with screen readers.
- You’ll get recommendations books for purchase.
- It offers a Wish List feature.
- You can download the free app or access your eBook or audiobook from the website.
- A new app that simplifies the borrowing process.
- Use Libby on your iOS and Android mobile devices (Kindle Fire compatibility is coming soon).
- Not yet compatible with screen readers.
- Uses tags to help you organize titles you’ve read, want to read, loved or didn’t like.
- Offers eBook highlighting and annotations.
- Can’t be accessed from a website, use requires downloading of the free app.
Have more questions?
Find out more about Libby