Use a Library Computer
Computer Use Rules
- Check in at the information desk
- User must have a signed Patron Use Contract
- No chat rooms or blogging
- 2 hour limit on computer use
- Only 1 patron per computer
- Computers are shut down each day at the following times; Monday, Friday and Saturday at 4:30 PM Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 PM
- Printing is .10¢ cents per copy for black and white, .25¢ for color copies PLEASE PUSH PRINT BUTTON ONLY ONCE
- Check at front desk for printout
- Review ACCEPTABLE USE AGREEMENT below
Kuna Library District Patron Acceptable Use Agreement for Electronic Information, Services and Networks
The following agreement is a commitment from the patron of the Kuna Library to use library equipment appropriately. The following is a commitment from the patron of the Kuna Library District to use library equipment appropriately. The Kuna Library is committed to providing the best educational and informational opportunities possible through computers. For this reason, the Kuna Library is pleased to offer its patrons access to computer workstations and the Internet. The Kuna Library makes available computer programs for minor children as an alternative to use of the Internet.
While the Kuna Library’s intent is to make access to technology available in order to further information goals and objectives, Patrons may find other ways in which to access materials. Patrons should be aware that some material accessible via the Internet, may contain items that are illegal, defamatory, inaccurate or potentially offensive to some people. In addition it is possible to purchase certain goods and services via the Internet which could result in unwanted financial obligations for which the patron would be responsible.
The Kuna Library has instituted safeguards complaint with the Kuna Library Acceptable Use Policy. Ultimately, however the patron is responsible for setting and conveying the standards they should follow when they are suing electronic media.
The following uses of Kuna Library provided services are NOT permitted:
- Accessing, uploading, downloading or distributing pornographic, obscene, or sexually explicit material.
- Transmitting obscene or sexually explicit language.
- Violating any local or federal statute.
- Vandalizing, damaging, or disabling the property of another person or organization.
- Violating copyright, or otherwise use of another’s intellectual property, without prior approval or proper citation.
- Using Kuna Library provided Internet access for commercial activities.
- Use of chat rooms and blogs.
Any violation of Kuna Library procedures and rules may result in loss of Kuna Library provided access to Electronic Information Services. Additional disciplinary action may be determined at the Director’s discretion in keeping with existing policies and procedures. When and where applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved. Further information about legal issues related to this contract is located in the Idaho Code Sections 18-2201 and 9-340.
THE KUNA LIBRARY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, NEITHER EXPRESSED NOR IMPLIED, FOR THE INTERNET ACCESS IT IS PROVIDING. THE KUNA LIBRARY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE SUFFERED, INCLUDING–BUT NOT LIMITED TO–LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE. THE KUNA LIBRARY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCURACY, NATURE OR QUALITY OF INFORMATION STORED ON KUNA LIBRARY’S DISKETTE’S, HARD DRIVES, OR SERVER VOLUMES; NOR THE ACCURACY, NATURE, OR QUALITY OF INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH KUNA LIBRARY-PROVIDED INTERNET ACCESS. KUNA LIBRARY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONAL PROPERTY USED TO ACCESS KUNA LIBRARY’S WORKSTATIONS, SERVERS, NETWORKS, OR INTERNET ACCESS. KUNA LIBRARY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS RESULTING FROM KUNA LIBRARY’S-PROVIDED ACCESS TO THE INTERNET.