eBooks and Audiobooks
Kuna Library offers FREE eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive and the mobile app, Libby.
Instantly borrow e-books and audiobooks from the Kuna Library digital collection, load the books to your phone, eReader, computer, or Kindle then you can enjoy reading or listening while you’re on the go. We have thousands of titles from which to choose, and since the items will automatically be returned there is never a late fee!
eBooks and Audiobook Collection for Kids
NEW! The Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL) is offering a FREE collection with 75% of its holdings dedicated to children, juvenile, and teen titles.
The Idaho Digital E-Book Alliance (IDEA) is accessed through OverDrive, Libby, or the school app, Sora. Find out how to add the IDEA collection to your app today!
Learn more about OverDrive
Learn more about Libby
Get the FREE OverDrive or Libby APP
New items added to our OverDrive/Libby collection
Added May 11, 2021
Added May 4, 2021
Added April 27, 2021
Added April 20, 2021
Added April 13, 2021
Added April 6, 2021
Added March 30, 2021
Added March 23, 2021
Learn more about Libby
How to decide between OverDrive and Libby
It can be tough to decide which app to use, below are some of the differences and similarities between the apps we hope this helps you make a decision.
How they are similar
- Both are apps that access the Kuna Library digital collection of eBooks and audiobooks (yes, they access the same collection).
- Both are designed for enjoying eBooks and audiobooks on your iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Both allow you to place holds on items and view your place in line.
- Both require a Kuna Library card number and password to log in.
How they are different
- OverDrive is considered the “classic” app for use on your iOS and Android mobile devices, it is also the app to use on Macs, Kindle Fire, Kindle eReader and PCs.
- It is compatible with screen readers.
- You’ll get recommendations books for purchase.
- It offers a Wish List feature.
- If you’re concerned about excluding mature content in your digital reading app, stick with the OverDrive app.
- You can download the free app or access your eBook or audiobook from the website.
- An app that simplifies the borrowing process.
- Use Libby on your iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices.
- Not yet compatible with screen readers.
- Uses tags to help you organize titles you’ve read, want to read, loved, or didn’t like.
- Offers eBook highlighting and annotations.
- Can’t be accessed from a website, use requires downloading of the free app.
Have more questions?
Find out more about Libby
Watch a step-by-step video on how to get started with Libby
Download the free app