Idaho Digital E-Book Alliance (IDEA)
A state-wide partnership among the Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL), public libraries, and school libraries with the goal of expanding access while reducing barriers to digital e-books and e-audio content via OverDrive.
In 2020, in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic and in response to the growing need for electronic materials, the ICfL embarked on a quest to find a way to supplement e-book and e-audio materials already available in public and school libraries. The goal of ICfL was to supplement the existing online collections of public and school libraries and provide more reading materials for school-aged students. The ICfL is committed to supporting student learning and therefore is initially dedicating 75% of the IDEA collection to children, juvenile, and teen titles.
View the IDEA Collection
You can browse the IDEA collection without a library card, a library card or Sora app login is required to borrow items.
Accessing the IDEA Collection
Kuna Library Cardholders Currently Using Libby
- Login to Libby using your KLD login credentials
- Click on the library logo found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Under Your Libraries choose, Add A Library
- Enter IDEA in the Search field
- Choose IDEA by ICfL
- Under Let’s add a library card for IDEA by ICfL choose I’m Visiting From Another Library
- Choose Kuna Library District
- Enter your Kuna Library card number
- Sign In
- You may now borrow items from the IDEA Collection
Kuna Library Cardholders Not Currently Using Libby
- Learn about Libby
- Download the free app then follow the directions above
Students Using Sora App
- If your school district offers access to Libby through the Sora app, log in to IDEA using your Sora login credentials.