Get a Library Card
To get your Kuna Library Card
- Stop by the library with the required proof of residency documents.
- Register online, then stop by the library with the required proof of residency documents and pick up your card.
Residents of Kuna Library District
To be eligible for a Kuna Library District (KLD) card, applicants must:
- Live within the KLD boundaries. KLD boundaries are the same as Kuna School District boundaries.
Check the boundaries here
- Must be over age 18*.
Must provide photo identification and proof of residency in the form of either:
- A current driver’s license
- Business Ownership
- Property Ownership
- A form of photo I.D. and printed material show the applicant’s name and address.
This can include—but is not limited to—canceled mail, personal checks, pay stubs, bills, insurance statements, renter’s agreements, or military identification.
- Only persons 18 years of age or older may apply for a card.
Cards for Minors
- Children under 18 years of age may be issued a card if the parent or guardian is present during the registration process and they provide the required identification. A parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license number or alternate I.D. will be on the card.
Non-Residents of Kuna Library District
Nonresidents may obtain a Kuna Library card by providing a photo ID, proof of current address, and paying a non-resident fee.
- The non-resident fee is $52.50 per year.
- The non-resident seniors (age 62 years and older) fee is $26.25 per year.
Patrons are required to pay for only one non-resident fee per family, while each family member may have their own card under that one fee.
A family is defined as a patron, the patron’s significant other, and their minor children. Any other adults that may be living in the household must pay a separate non-resident fee to receive a card (including grandparents and children over 18 years of age).
Non-resident Kuna School district teachers and administrators may obtain a Kuna Library District card at no additional cost. Proof of employment is required.
Value of a Kuna Library Card
Find out how much $$ your Kuna Library card saves you each year by using the Library Value Calculator. You input the number of times you use a library service, and the calculator estimates the value. Give it a try!
Read the American Library Association 2022 State of America’s Libraries Report
Visit our calendar to see all programs and special events